This recipe has become one of my favourites. It is so simple to prepare, quick and tasty. Originally, I got the idea from one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes but I have modified it using my own ingredients. The curry powder I use in this recipe is Korean Ottogi curry powder. You can use any other curry powder, for example, Japanese or Indian works fine. I like to use Korean curry powder, because it’s milder and sweeter. It is similar to Japanese curry but colour is much more yellow. No sauce is needed with this recipe as the curry from the fish will complement the rice.
I find John Dory is a great fish for this recipe. Its firm and keeps its shape when frying plus when you buy fillets, it has little or no bones. It is a great fish for kids. For my convenience, I normally buy small size fillets and keep them in a bag in the freezer and defrost them a day before.
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
4 x 150g small size of John Dory fillets
100g Ottogi Curry powder (you can get it Korean shop)
1 Tbsp Fresh dill, finely chopped
1 bag Fresh baby Rocket
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/ 4 cup sunflower oil or Vegetable oil
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 cup Jasmine Rice
1. Wash rice and cook in rice cooker (if you don’t have one, get one of those. It is the easiest way to cook rice).
2. Chop dill finely and mix it with curry powder and a little bit of crack black paper on plate. Cover dory fillets with the mixed curry powder.
3. Turn on the heat on a good size frying Pan with sunflower oil (enough to cover the pan) until hot enough.
4. Fry the dory for 3 minutes each side.
5. Dress baby rocket with Lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper
6. Serve the fish on the steam rice with rocket salad and a lemon wedge.